Sunday, March 8, 2009

You nearly made it..

.. said Simon. Is that suppose to help? I suppose it might as well be .. you didn't get in because you suck. Get a life.

I'm talking about American Idol. The top 13 has been announced and the real competition will begin this week. It took 3 weeks to narrow 36 people to 13. It all boils down to the song choice. If you don't know what's good for you, you might as well go home.

Out of the 36, I'm bummed that these two didn't get in. Jess Langseth - she keeps on getting this, "well you nearly made it.." but she didn't. Sad. She has very sexy voice. And I thot her rendition of "Bette Davis Eyes" was great.



Next is Alex Wagner-Trugman. What can I say, you can't exactly sell star quality with a name like that. But he has this underdog vibes that I felt he can shine on the later stages. Sadly.... that was the end of the road for him.




So 2009 is the year of the underdogs for me. I'm saying NO to - Danny Gokey (boring), Adam Lambert (he's too good, and he knows it), Scott Macintyre (sympathy vote), Jorge (turn off the waterworks please) and Michael whatsis name who works on the oil rig (too goody goodshoes).

I'm all for the quirky, fun, less power vocal but still talented people:


Ok... maybe I do have room for powerful vocals. I'm so happy that Jasmine Murray got the wild card. And who can deny Lil Round? Her name alone has star power written all over. And finally, Alexis Grace - whoever can belt out Aretha Franklin. What else is there to say?


With that, I conclude my report on American Idol so far, thus proving how much I do not have a life. I even spend too much time editing the pictures in this post.

Those who own a colt .45, please shoot me now.

No comments: