Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Talented, gifted...(fulamak) Malaysian!

It started of one day, when I heard this catchy song on the radio. As usual, when we really wanted to know who sang the song, the program will cut into commercial. It happened again a few days after that.

Ini sudah tidak boleh jadi. I NEED TO KNOW WHO SANG THIS SONG. So begin my 3 day quest on the net. Usually G88gle is very kind to me. I could get all the info that I wanted within a few minutes. But this time, gagal. Ini menyebabkan saya menjadi lebih bersemangat lagi. All my lucky guesses, bombed. This is not D**fy, nor Ad3l3, nor P1x13 lott, nor Bey0nc3. No. No.

I can't remember exactly how I managed to track this down. But I suppose I poured every single inch of the radio's website to find their playlist for the month. All I can remember was that the trail brought me to a lot of blogs writing about this new Malaysian singer, who's name I have never heard before.

Malaysian. This song is barangan buatan Malaysia. OMG. I couldn't be more thrilled!

I spend the whole night reading about the singer. Downloading the songs. Watched all the video's of her on Utube. Added her on FB. Memang blown away! Rupanya she was all over the music circuit last year, in fact a whole lot years before. She had performed at F1 events, Sunbrust (that I actually went to), plenty of live gigs in KL (if they still call it that these days). She opened for Michael Buble and Babyface, for goodness sake! How could I miss all these before? (macam la aku Who cares. Good thing is, her first album is finally out. I will definitely get it (or adakah kawan-kawan saya yang baik ati nak ati nak belikan as a birthday present :P)

True that her songs may not be many Malaysian's cup of tea, tapi kata nak jadi world. And there were a lot of noise around who her father is, so that is why she could pull something like this. Whatever la. Ada ramai orang yang bapak dia have a lot of resources jugak, takde pulak anaknya produce something that I like. Ada jugak mangkuk ayun mana yang post a lot of negativities on the her first video clip. Bergaduh pulak berpage2.Sighh. Whatever lagi. I'm all about good music, especially if it's from a Malaysian.

Presenting Najwa - who I hope will keep on writing and performing crazy good songs like this one:



Got To Go – Najwa

This time I'm gonna live my life
I ain't no stepford wife
No I ain't perfect
Gonna find somebody who's worth it
And no you ain't that person
Coz i caught you constantly flirtin'
With my best friend

So I guess I'll say goodbye
I'll find me another guy

Why (why why why)
You always makin' me
Cry (cry cry cry)
No I can't stand it
No you can't be my man
It don't matter who you are,
Even if you were a star
You've got to go
(Go go go go go go)

Read my lips I'm leavin'
And no no I ain't teasin'
This time it's for real
Gotta find you another girl
Coz this one sure ain't stayin
By the time you finish what you're sayin'
I'll be gone

No comments: