Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Although we’ve come to the end of the road...

Who did not get teary eyed during the final installment of Harry Potter's and the Deathly Hollows? Ok most probably a lot of people, but not me. Of course we have read the final book long before the final wave goodbye from Harry, Ron and Hermoine at platform 9 3/4, but still... I can't help feeling sad? Hmm what's the word for it? Sayu? Touched, perhaps. Just look at how much they have grown up.







I managed to sneak in a visit to platform 9 3/4 at King Cross while in London. Actually this is not the original wall in the movie, just a mock up. Heheh tak kisah nak jugak posing. Hoping that it will take us a step closer to Hogwarts.



Also, while visiting Oxford, the tour guide pointed out the 'thunder bolt' mark on the pavements around the town. It was rumored that the author got the idea from here, to put the famous mark on the forehead of the boy who survived the dark lord. Cool eh?



Hoo boy.. I have to say it's one of the best pop culture ever! 7 books that changed our lives. I bought my first book at a mall in Kuching and I bought my last one at Tesco (yes Tesco) at 7am in the morning. This was after the war of who gets to get the book first. Frenzy madness! I think one of my friend finished the whole book in one night.


My favourite book? I love those with simpler tones. I hate it when the storyline gets too twisted and Harry got too serious. The first book really opened a new world to me. Just as Enid Blyton had trigger the inner detective in me with Famous Five, JK Rowling had enchanted me with the Magical World. The brilliance of it is simply mind blowing! I want to say I love the one with the Tri-Wizard Tournament, but the ending was very dark and sad. Well... not that sad if we think that the bloke who was killed at the end of the movie went to become a major hearthrob in a another franchise.


Favorite Character? It has to be Ron and Hermoine. I'm actually bored with Harry's character. Hehehehe. Pun begitu, if you read the book and watch the movie, I have to say hands down, the casting of each and every character is perfect to the tee. Anyway, I think these two, Ron and Hermoine is adorable together. (Least to say about Harry and Ron's sister whom I don't care that I don't recall her name now :P)



Favorite Spell? I lobes the Confundus spell. It makes people confuse! I could use this whenever I'm a tough spot. Another close favorite is Accio. It's the spell that could summond or bring things to you. Very useful to fetch a glass of water while watching tv or for finding the missing remote. Read more spells here


Favorite Professor? Hmmm.... Maybe Lupin because he's class seems to be the most useful. And I thought McCounagall is pretty cool as well.


Favorite Supporting Character? Who did not love the twins? I kinda like Luna Lovegood as well. Somehow she's less anonnying than the others.


Favorite Villan? Can I say Nagini, the snake because it freaks me out the most? Hehehe nah.. I think I will give this one to the accentric Bellatrix Lestrange. Even her name sounds exotic.


Favorite 'transformed' character? Hello, Mr Neville Longbottom. Kudos for standing up to the enemy and destroying the last hocrux. But come on... check out the pictures below. Enough said.




As for you three, thank you for the great adventure! You will be missed



1 comment:

narcissa malfoy said...

mak nanges you! tapi bkn sbb habis. sbb snape mati. baca buku nanges, tgk movie nanges LOL!

fav character: snape! ke sbb alan rickman is snape?! the voice really got me.

fav villain: bellatrix lestrange wins! no arguments. dia mmg gila. helena bonham carter mmg brilliant for those roles.

come to think of it: these movies are very perfectly cast. and no one can do it as great as the brits. They all should win an Oscar for best ensemble.

as for the books and stories, they are a phenomenon BUT well, i still think Enid's the Queen. Ms Rowling has to do more than Mr Potter to prove me wrong.