Monday, February 14, 2011

Going GaGa at Grammys

Yes, I'm on leave today specifically so that I can catch the live telecast of the
53rd Grammy Awards. Bliss.

Lobes:

1. The opening tribute to Aretha Franklin. The 5 ladies mmg have crazy vocal chops! What I love is that no one try to outshine the other. Great vocals, great songs. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (also lobes Jennifer Hudson who looks hot in the pants. bila aku nak kurus mcm dia ni)

2. The trio - B.O.B, Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae. The slow rap by B.O.B is genius. Bruno Mars singing Grenade, 50s swing style is out of the world. And (aku tak pernah dgr sebenarnya) Janelle suddenly truning sort of white thrash teenage angst performance is actually cool though her voice mcm tak suit sgt. But seriously, I got nottttt...nothin on you guys!

3. Lady Gaga - I love that her costume is actually simple yet edgy and slutty or whatever you want to call it. Her performance is really pump up! Maybe being trapped in the egg helps a lot. Hahahah. You are indeed born this way!

4. Donnie Walhberg looking haaawtt presented an award! (Is there a Malaysian version of the Walhberg bros?)

5. Miranda Lambert's House That Built Me. Beautiful lyrics. Kudos that she won Best Female Country Vocal Performance, thumping Ms Underwood's Temporary Home (which I also like). Ms Underwood is no where to be seen. Am I missing something?

6. Eminem's Performance. I admit, aku tak paham sepatah haram yang dia nyanyi, but he was so pumped up, he brought the house down. Cool that he won Best Rap Album!

7. Lady Antebellum's I Need You Now. Brilliant. Record of the Year and Song of the Year.

8. Mick Jagger. Priceless!

9. The boys from How I Met Your Mother. Awesssome!

10. Top Ten List by David Letterman

11. Train won with Hey, Soul Sisters!

On the fence, Enghhh:

1. Cee Lo, Gywneth Paltrow and the Muppets. I love the song, I thot Gywneth sounded not bad.... I fucking hate the muppets! I hope Cee Lo's doing this out of mockery. It sure was funny though. And I thot the lyrics is super cool!

2. Usher. I always love his performance. Somehow, I think he lost steam. Maybe dah tua. OMGGG.

3. Anak Usher. J Bieb. He's solo 'Baby Baby' on guitar is way better than the half cooked mortal combat show, Never Say Never. He has the voice. But I think he needs more Umphh to pull out that kind of performance.

4. Hillary Scott's acceptance speech. Makcik, it's boring! Keep it upbeat and cool y'all.

5. Album of the Year and Best New Artist winner. Who are these people. But still, congrats I suppose?!! Err...

Pure WTF

1. J* Smith. I'm not a big fan of budak tak akil baligh ni. Let him stew a bit... and then he'll be da bomb. Seriously.

2. R*h*nn*. Yes the songs are great. But I think she thinks she's hot, perasan. Whatever la.

3. The whole bunch of rednecks syok sendiri (not including Bob Dylan). Trade the banjos with BB guns and shoot yourselves in the foot guys. Don't get me wrong. I love Country Music... but too much southern flair rasa mcm pening. Having said that, the front man of Mumfords and Sons, is comel!

4. K Perry. Somehow, aku rasa mcm bosan tengok muka dia. And showing her wedding I assume on the background makes it lame. I know she's going for the sweet Valentine theme, but all I got is LAME.

5. Matt Bell's shout out to pregnant gf. Eiii. (Ok maybe I have angst against people in love sbb loser and single... but still ... all I can think of is.. Skank!)

All I can say now is that I should have bought Lady's Antebellum's album the other day. (Now I have to go out and get it).

And now, presenting Song of the Year:

Need You Now

Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause
I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Another shot of whiskey
Can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping
In the way you did before

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one
I'm a little drunk
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Whoa, whoa
Guess I'd rather hurt
Than feel nothing at all

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
And I said I wouldn't call
But I'm a little drunk
And I need you now

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now
I just need you now

Oh baby, I need you now



p/s: Ngantukalways - mengakulah that you are listening to country. Lady Antebellum won: Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals and Best Country Album!!

pp/s: Thank You M&M Biru for keeping me company during this award show :)

3 comments:

k.azah itu said...

june oh june.. ada email k.azah boleh contact?

k.azah lagik said...

ala lupa plak
or u drop me an email lah.. mytomatoattack@gmail.com

beber beleber said...

vhavi, p.mak betolla...;lady A contemporary tau! kakak angkat aku yg super posh tu lak nk jd country singer..x masuk dek akalku!

1. wth kau pun emo psl that skank! bugger aku still pissed.
2. J biebs x deserve to be nominated. w-pun dia mungkin jd factor yg kau akan divote aunt plg cool, aku still rasa dia x akil baligh for grammy's.
3. will smith n keturunannya semua boring. kau penah tgk willow's video for whip my hair ke apa? music bodo, jual nama smith je!
4. b.o.b muka penyangak tp suara power beb.. and bruno mars can sing and melt anyone's heart.
5. kau akan kurus bila kau beranak cam j hudson. cepat get pregnant n join the skank's bandwagon! xde muka cam bellamy kat opis ke?
6. lady gaga terpaksa do all the gimmicks sbb muka ugly like shite. takpelah ideas/ voice better than mads or k perry :P
7. aku suka lagu train - if it's love.. there's just a happy vibe to it :)