Monday, November 14, 2011

But Darling I'll Keep The Key... Retrolicious Oct 8, 2011

Just leave a light on for me!

And cue: Screaaaaammmmmmm.

Yes, I'm back for the Class 95 fm Retrolicious Concert. Last year was Debbie Gibson and Rick Astley.  This year, featuring Human League, Belinda Carlisle and Bananarama. Wheeeee.



Lo and behold, I owned a Belinda Carlisle CD. (I believe I 'got' this from Ngantukalways who is still pissy because I went to see Belinda and she's still pondering why she didn't just come along. For the record, aku dah bagitahu dia sebulan sebelum itu ok). So the whole month, I have been driving to work listening to the CD start to end. I am ready!

As usual, we took the bus to Fort Canning. It was less than 10 minutes ride from our hotel near Bugis Juction. (More details on the trip in other post). We got a slide pack, info pack whatever you want to call it from the organizer, a few days before. Hebat tak hebat. They did learn from last year so now there's a few more entrance being put in place. We didn't want to come too early in order to avoid the long queue.

So when we arrived, yeay no queue. But still W.T.F, they had cordone off the area around the entrance. The way in, was way up the hill in the dark! Grrrrr. Apa-apa je la. Janji boleh masuk. There you go, the place is already packed! So we made our way through the crowd and decided to stand at the edge of the stairs. Then.... we notice that there's an empty spot near the so called VIP tents. We forged our way thru... and hell yes, paradise! The place is quite deserted. We get to sit near this group of people who has obviously brought a 'picnic basket' (thought it was not allowed). Keyword here is SIT! And since the place is on the top of the hill, we got the best view as well. Ho ho ho...

So guess what, all thru Human League performace, we get to lazed around on the grass ala woodstock gitu. Hahahah. Sepatah lagu pun tak tau kecuali 'don't... don't you want me?'..err no I don't


Then everyone was up on their feet for Belinda. Termasuk la aku. Yang menyanyi macam orang gila. Hey this after all, a very expensive Karaoke session. There were a few interesting groups around us. One was wearing 80s clothes that is 3 sizes too small for them. Then there's a group that can't stop taking photos. Then there's a group that was super excited to scream out the chorus to Summer Rain. Somehow they got me hooked as well

Oh my love it's you that I dream of
Oh my love since that day
Somewhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain
Doesn't matter what I do now
Doesn't matter what I say
Somwhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain

Then the highlight of the show - Bananarama. But I don't really know their song except Love In The First Degree. I watched Bananarama in those 'prison' garb over and over again on MTV when I was in primary school. We left before the encore. Great that we did, coz with less people on the street, it's easier for us to grab a cab. Dah expert sket compared to last year.

Will I be back next year? We have to wait and see :)

2 comments:

ms mengantuk forever yg wished ada at fort canning said...

wah back with a vengeance nampak!
have u watched vid clip summer rain. best gila. bf dia cam army ke apa but v sexy! di zaman sekarang, jantanz yg sexy tu mungkin semuanya GAY.(yeay to sexuality merdeka :P)

bila nak tulis psl uncle vijay? sure lawak bangsat. dia kata nk berambus esok lusa kan. so cannot reply email awal sbb nanti akan haunted by statement..i am close to you. he's in singapore now, lg yikes

juned said...

ms ngantuk,

yup seen the clip. haah mmg hensem gils itu mamat

but that is not to be said abt uncle angkat kau di jogja! entry tu kena queue lama lagi. Bila nak mari ambik gambar?

p/s: ohh just discovered that blogspot ada publishing scheduler. So boleh schedule entry hari2.