Sunday, February 10, 2008

Here are the nominees..

The 50th Annual Grammy Awards will be held on 10th Feb 2008 (that's 11th for us in KL). Vair vair excited. Hey it's pretty big deal. I grew up listening to these award winning songs... Beat It (beat it beat it).. Billie Jean (not my lover...).. Islands in The Stream (phoawar)...Footloose (kick off your Sunday shoes..hehe)..... All Night Long (hoo!). Hey, I was so proud that I knew the lyrics or crowd chanting in Lionel's hit song ok:

"Som bo li de say de moi ya
Yeah, Jambo Jumbo
Way to parti' o we goin'
Oh, jambola
Som bo li de say de moi ya Yeah, JUMBO JUMBO! " Hahahah.. I said I knew how to sing it..not sure how to spell them though

Over the last few years..somehow I always managed to catch the live telecast on TV. For some reason, I'm always at home during the live broadcast :) . And this year, I'll be home too! Yeayyyyyyyyyyy!

So to prepare me better (read: loser takde keje), I'm browsing thru the list of nominees for this year's grammys. Some categories caught my attention. Of course to read more, please visit http://www.grammy.com:

1. Record of The Year :-
Irreplaceable - Beyonce; The Pretender - Foo Fighters; Umbrella - Rihanna; What Goes Around..Comes Around - Justin Timberlake; Rehab - Amy Winehouse
My vote: To the left, to the left.. I lobes irreplaceable. But deep down mesti si Justin T ni yg menang. Sucky!

2. Album of the Year:-
Ok the nominees are boring to me, except Amy Winehouse - Back to Black. I hope she wins :) and not Kanye!

3. Song of the Year:-
Possibly the most important category of all (ok ok.. only to me). Check out the nominated songs:
Before He Cheats-Carrie Underwood ; Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's; Like A Star-Corinne Bailey Rae; Rehab-Amy Winehouse; Umbrella -Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
My vote: Hmmm this is a toughy. Personally I like Rehab and Hey There Delilah. But if I have to put my money.. it will be on Before He Cheats. Carrie Underwood card trumps everything else! Those who don't know the song (pardon me maam, god save your souls).. it's the one with the video where she suddenly turns vampy and super thrashy. SNAP!

4. Best New Artist:-
Feist, Ledisi, Paramore, Juned, Taylor Swift, Amy Winehouse
My vote: Who? Exactly... so this one will definitely be Amy Winehouse.

5. Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals :-
(You Want To) Make A Memory-Bon Jovi; Home-Daughtry; Makes Me Wonder-Maroon 5; Hey There Delilah-Plain White T's; and the customary: Window In The Skies- U2
My vote: Daughtry! Though I'm a big Bon Jovi fan.. I think Daughtry is the outright winner. I just hope the U2 is don't win. If they do win... seriously what's wrong with you people? What can I say.. these are the same people who nominated Justin T, Maroon 5 and Amy Winehouse in best vocal performance category??!!

The other categories are same ol same ol. But I have never realized, that there's actually a lot of other categories. For example: Best Hawaiian Album, Best Spoken Children Album, Best Electronic Dance Album, Best Country Instrumental Performance (yeowww).....

So basically to keep it simple, just use this logic: Carrie Underwood will beat Tim McGraw, Justin T will beat Kanye, Daughtry will beat U2, Beyonce will beat Amy Winehouse. So if we put the logic in a row, it will look something like this: Amy Winehouse ---> Beyonce---> Justin T ---> Daughtry ---> Carrie Underwood. Carrie will always win y'all!

Come Monday will see how it goes. So now, leaving you with a personal favorite. A song that I predicted (cehhh habih terror la ni) will be a big hit eversince I heard it over Power 98 fm during one of my breaks. And it did win Best Rock Song at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards - Drops of Jupiter by Train:




Courtesy of mkabkep at http://www.youtube.com/
Now that shes back in the atmosphere
With drops of jupiter in her hair, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's time to change, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like june, hey, hey
Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking at yourself out there
Now that shes back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey
She checks out mozart while she does tae-bo
Reminds me that theres room to grow, hey, hey

Now that shes back in the atmosphere
I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain ol jane
Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the milky way
And tell me, did venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know youre wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back toward the milky way

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1.apa2 beyonce patut di ban, overplayed + BORING
2. ella, ella hey hey should win record of yr..and anything amy winehouse. junkie she is but a damn good one!
3. betulke jon bon juned (jovi) x penah mng grammy's? bglah grammy kesian for the hair!
4. x sudah2 ke dgn drops of jupiter? soy latte sucks!