Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cuci The Musical 2


We got free tickets! Good seats, somewhere in the front rows, very close to the stage. Sweet! My sister already saw the first one which had AC in it, and she said that it was great. So I went that night with a bit of high expectation.

My verditc? Boleh la. The chemistry between the four guys was no doubt great. The jokes however, were suam-suam kuku je. The funny thing was actually seeing the guys struggled to keep a straight face every time they deliver their line. Once or twice some of them just burst out laughing. Memang lawak.

However, it was a tad too long. 2 hours. There were a few touchy feely, lovey dovey scenes that I think could be cut short. There was even a scene where the heroine was dancing with her father. During the scene where the romantic pair was suspended up in the air, I hope that they did not see my bored-pretend to be interested-fighting a yawn face. I looked around and saw that some folks were actaully buying it, so I suppose it does work for some.

It's a bit worry that came intermission, I was only too eager to check out the concession stand. What a lovely suprise. I always thought that the food would be expensive. A packet of peanut was only 50 cents. And the nicest egg sandwich that I had for a long time, was only RM2. Drinks were around RM1.50 I think. I have been to Istana Budaya for a number of performances, and this is the first time that I actually ate something during the break... so let's not dwell further how I really find the performance then.

Whatever it is, I still think that Malaysia could do with a lot more teater performances,and this one is a good attempt and a commendable effort, least to say.



Believe it or not, this is my 5th time writing this entry as I somehow keep on accidentally deleting them. Arghhh ada hantu ke apa.

No comments: