Sunday, July 18, 2010

75 Days in Doha


This was the aerial view that welcomed me to Doha. Oh oo... is this all? Nothing but barren land ... sand? Alemaakkkk...this is going to be depressing.

On the ground, it's not helping either. They are not big on landscaping yet. I really missed trees and the color green. (The top right picture is the outside of our compound. Shocking!)

Just kidding. It's not that bad. Driving along the corniche heading towards West Bay isn't all that bad. On some days you do feel like you're cruising along a beachfront in LA, with all the yellow and red Hummer buzzing by, racing alongside the sweet looking GTO. Damn I envy them.

Well, when I reached the hotel and take a peak into my room.


And looking out to this.


Yeah, I will survive. Overlooking the suspiciously greenish blue body of water (I'm not really sure what to call it? A river? Cannal? Small lake?), is the pride of Qatar - The Pearl (something like the Palm of Jumeira in Dubai). Terasa la kaya kejap. Hahahaha.
After 10 days in bliss and having people call me Ms Mahmood at Hyatt, we had to moved out to the company's compound/ accomodation. That's what they call Taman Perumahan in Qatar. Compound. So below is what it's look like in A14 Golf Garden Compound. Not too shabby. Plus I get the place to myself which was heaven. But not for long. I had a housemate from Syria and Netherlands. Fascinating. Ho hum.

No comments: