Saturday, July 24, 2010

Morrocan Meal at Tajine

No. This is not a food blog per say...but I'm in a 'let the pictures do the talking' kinda of mood. Or in this case..'let the food to the talking'. This is from my 2nd visit to Tajine at Souq Wakif. I had to come back again because I wanted to try the camel. Plus the restaurant had an aircond blower fit to blow off a 747 into take off. Panas gila, tapi nak makan punya pasal, keluar jugak.

Mixed cold starters. Mostly unidentified object (because I'm not sophisticated enough to bother to read the menu properly and remember what they are :P) but I think there's chicken liver thrown in there somewhere. Sedap gila.


...and it must be eaten with bread. Bread also comes with this sambal and olives. Again, not food savvy enough to eat the olive as a whole (normally picked out mine from pizzas). So mostly cecah the bread with the sambal. Sodap.



I don't know what this is called, so I shall named it myself. Murtabak ayam morrocon style. It is fried, filled with tasty chicken filling and the best part, it is covered in honey and almond on the outside. Since we ordered an assortment of everyting else, tak berdaya nak habiskan. If I ever get the chance, I will only eat this and this alone (ya right)


Tajine (or tagine) is actually the name of the special pot used to slow-cooked stews braised at low temperatures, resulting in tender meat with aromatic vegetables and sauce.

So here's the first end result. Lamb with prunes. Superb.


Then, here's the camel that I have dreamt about. (Slightly disappointed) it tasted like lamb curry. Aik?. I thought it will excite my palate to a different kind of taste. Or did I order the wrong thing? And actually order lamb. Whatever, as the record states. Aku dah makan daging unta. Yang sangat sedap, by the way :)


By the time desert came, dah nak pengsan dah. This is actually lempeng with ice cream filling

Exotic? Hah, kat KL pun ada. Check out this link

2 comments:

samantha jones said...

"No. This is not a food blog per say..."

aha why do u have to explain yourself? :D

beb, jom pi morocco n buy that periuk firsthand!

and awat roti tu mcm ada gula? (is that sugar?) dah mcm donut pulak!

Miranda Hobbes said...

Ms Jones,

Tah-tah pot ni ada jual kat Chowkit. Tak payah la susah-susah pergi Morroco. Though.. pergi sana to drink tea would be nice. Morrocan tea full with mint leave, rasa macam minum diluted colgate :)